|Service Procedures & Recommendations
Regulator Service - Service yearly, or every 6 months if used for 100+ dives per year.
We perform the following services when servicing your regulator:
- Mechanically and pneumatically pre-test your regulator
- Disassemble first and second stages (Not forgetting your BC second stages, as they must be balanced with the first stage)
- Clean and inspect internal parts
- Replace worn and/or scheduled service parts
- Reassemble first and second stages
- Make adjustments to the manufacturers standards
- Re-test to assure proper and accurate function
- Several other functions, such as servicing the HP Spool, inflator hoses, etc,. are also performed
- Dress hoses with ultraviolet protection
- Check 2nd test computer batteries
Scuba Cylinders - Visual Inspection (VIP) once a year and Hydrostatic test every 5 years.
All cylinders are inspected to PSI standards (exceeds CGA & DOT standards)
After removing valve of an empty cylinder:
- Cylinder threads are examined for condition
- Exterior surface, including underneath boot, is examined
- With a light wand, the interior surface is examined for degree of corrosion, if any
- A Visual Plus Eddy Current instrument is used to inspect older aluminum cylinders, such as the 6498 series
- Hydrostatic test is performed (Federally required) every 5 years (a pressure test to determine integrity of the aluminum or steel.)
Cylinder Valves - Service once a year along with Visual Inspection (VIP) of cylinders.
- The bonnet is removed and the valve inspected for shredded o-rings and packing, and overall integrity
- Condition of the seat is checked and it is replaced if necessary
- Gasket and o-rings are replaced
- Reassembled and tested
Buoyancy Compensators - Service and checked for leaks once a year.
- Inflator is disassembled
- Parts replaced as necessary
- Inflator parts are cleaned and inspected
- Dump and overpressure relief valves are examined for proper function.
- BC is inflated and checked for leaks
- Hose is checked for leaks
- If Air II or other similar second stage is part of your BC, it will be serviced also, but will require you to leave your first stage, as they must be balanced together
- We can change your batteries, and run a cycle check for determination of proper functioning. Any additional problems will be referred to the manufacturer.
Warranty on Repairs
All equipment serviced by our staff will be fully inspected and then re-inspected by our quality assurance person after the service is complete. You will receive a listing of services provided, replaced parts, and settings made to your equipment. A copy of this service record will be kept in our database for future reference. All work is guaranteed for 12 MONTHS for workmanship and service adjustments. Bubbles Below will additionally support the manufactures warranty for all parts failures per the manufactures written guarantee document only. No warranty will be offered on any part or component, not installed or installed, but not invoiced during the services provided. Bubbles Below will not pay for any repairs provided outside of Bubbles Below unless authorized by the owner, Bud Gray. Bubbles Below reserves the right to inspect all service issues to determine cause of failure. Warranty does not include any shipping in either direction or loss of product during shipping. It is the customer responsibility to determine if insurance will be used when product is shipped. Bubbles Below may use outside vendors for some repairs but will not be responsible for warranties written or un-written for outside labor or parts provided by manufacture facilities or service repair outlets, although Bubbles Below will support the customer in getting all outside services issues resolved.
Customer Responsibility for Warranty
All manufacturers provide warranty on goods sold. It is the customer’s responsibility to maintain the sales receipts, warranty cards, and documentation for services provided. The required “Proof of Purchase” for no-charge parts and/or labor warranty must be maintained by the customer, and is not the responsibility of Bubbles Below. Bubbles Below will always assist in locating past invoices within twelve months of ownership for Proof of Purchase, but will not access items that have been sent to our archives. The time involvement in doing so is extensive, so we must request the customer be responsible for their own warranty documentation. Bubbles Below will continue to apply for the warranties on new products purchased, as part of our service to our customer.
Customer Responsibility for Claiming Service Repairs
Bubbles Below will contact all customers after completion of service work and hold the product for 90 days from date of completion. Bubbles below will re-call the customer at 30 days and at 60 days. At the 90th day from the completion of repairs, an additional fee will be posted to the service job, allowable by Washington State Law. We will then notify the customer by mail, at the last known address provided by the customer, of intent to sell to recover the lost revenue for the services. Bubbles Below has no interest in imposing an additional burden on our customers, but must recover our losses from customers failing to be responsible for service debt.